Click on any headline above to read more on our blog.
- Meet the magical Monkey King, a stargazing rabbi, and a spry three hundred year-old tomte grandmother. Our characters are windows into folktales, fantasies, and historical stories. We perform with hand, rod and life-sized puppets.
- Galapagos was founded in 1987. We named it for the Galapagos Islands, a habitat for many peaceful and unusual creatures.
- We studied with Taiwan’s master puppeteer Li Tien-lu and his I Wan Jan troupe, and use traditional Chinese puppets and choreography in several shows.
- We bring a love of history and heritage to our performances.
- Galapagos has performed at many venues in the Northeast, including at Boston’s Museum of Fine Arts and the American Museum of Natural History.
- Our work has been funded by grants from organizations such as the Henson Foundation and the Puffin Foundation.
-Madeleine Beresford & Margaret Moody